titulo

EUROPE UNITED, A COMENIUS SCHOOL PROJECT 2011-2013

Thursday 26 April 2012

Birmingham- so different…. In these few days (from 23th to 28th March) we were in Birmingham with Comenius Project. It was a big adventure. We had a big opportunity to meet new people, know their culture and habits.
On Friday I was very exhausted because of the trip (two planes and bus!) so when I met my host Tanya we went home, left my luggage and we went to Nando' s. This is a popular restaurant when teenagers spend time on talking and eat chicken prepared in different ways. I was very surprised because she never ate at home, she can't cook and this is much cheaper and faster to go to the restaurant than buy all the ingredients and cook something by yourself. Next two days we spent on sightseeing, walking and walking thru the town - I was at Cadbury world, National Museum, Stratford(William Shakespeare' s birthplace) and other restaurants. On Monday and Tuesday we were with all our group (also from lower years) on Design technology, we made some food and then had a little competition. We had a great opportunity to get to know each other. After lessons on Tuesday we went bowling which is very popular, then we went to a restaurant again. England is a totally different country from Poland and it's not only because driving is on the left( I've almost had an accident three times) but it's also because of the priorities, school timetable, lifestyle. The trip was a new experience. I really liked new friends and the city, however I don`t think I like to live there. Karolina Hofman

No comments:

Post a Comment